BTSC carries on their recap of the previous week’s functions for our visitors. But exactly where they went erroneous was asking the one particular narcissistic writer that would set a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all get a glance at a Lousy 7 days in the Burgh alongside one another.
- The Atlanta Falcons are getting rid of their backup quarterback A.J. McCarron for the 2021 period with an ACL tear. That sound you listen to is Kevin Colbert whizzing by means of his Rolodex to call Arthur Blank and it’s not to purchase a new ShopVac from Residence Depot.
- Negative news for a former Steeler in Baltimore. L.J. Fort tore his ACL and will will need to undertake period-ending medical procedures. Best wishes to Fort for a fast restoration.
- Pittsburgh Law enforcement announced that they are “aware” of the brawl at Heinz Area concerning followers that rapidly went viral on Saturday Night and are investigating the incident. I am shocked that this was not dealt with quickly. Rumor has it that equally the WWE and the Cincinnati Bengals are fascinated in signing the two major combatants in the fight.
- The Rams announce the launch of a single Devlin Hodges on this working day. Will the Duck migrate to a further NFL town? All the Steelers need to do is indication Hodges and slash Percy Harvin III for my sick-fated invest in of the No. 6 jersey to be legitimate once more. Due to the fact that isn’t likely to take place, I guess it’s only fitting to Duck Tape in excess of the quarterback’s surname.
- Gerry Dulac noted that enthusiasts really should count on T.J. Watt to indicator a deal extension soon after the Carolina game that will make him the league’s best-paid defensive player. The creator of this column is reporting that he is expecting a BOGO coupon for Arby’s and may possibly get to try to eat this 7 days.
- Brian Batko shared the fascinating nugget that Steelers cornerback James Pierre and Ravens QB Lamar Jackson are first cousins. Pierre statements that he is the a lot quicker loved ones member and that Jackson would admit to that assert. All of my male cousins are taller than me, but I’m the ideal seeking. However, I nonetheless just can’t get them to endorse the reality.
- Former Steelers draft decide Derwin Grey has been introduced by the Jacksonville Jaguars. Steeler admirers that glimpse for new couches on the aspect of the street were all in excess of social media on the lookout for their workforce to indication Gray. Substantially to their chagrin, the offensive lineman was claimed by Tennessee. Considerably to my chagrin, Mrs. Undesirable would by no means let me convey property a trash couch.
- The Steelers built five cuts to pare their roster down to 80. The players produced were have been OL Aviante Collins, WR Tyler Simmons, RB Pete Guerriero, LB Calvin Bundage and S Antoine Brooks Jr. The 2020 sixth-rounder from Maryland was a shock lower, but accidents derailed his at the time-promising next season.
- Sony Michel was traded from the New England Patriots to the Los Angeles Rams. The go dashed the desires of Steelers fans that have been confident that Benny Snell Jr. would be transported to La La Land to change the wounded Cam Akers. It is like again in the sixth quality lunch area when I was incensed that little Davy Armstrong wouldn’t trade me his Tiny Debbie Snack Cakes and a Capri Sunlight for a bag of prunes and a three-day aged milk.
- Jim Wexel documented that “Dwayne Haskins could steal the no. 2 occupation Friday evening. Soon after not acquiring directed a TD travel this preseason, Mason Rudolph is susceptible.” My crystal ball, due to the fact this is staying penned just after the activity, predicts that Jim’s crystal ball is cracked.
- Haskins was named by Mike Tomlin as the starter for the preseason finale, even though Ben Roethlisberger and Mason Rudolph would stay in road outfits. That gave me flashbacks to the Prom in 1988 when Yolanda Yinzer sent a different dude to Masters Tuxedos when I was relegated to avenue clothing.
- Stefan Wisniewski retired from the NFL on this date. Ideal wishes to a local male and former Steeler in his article NFL endeavors.
- The Steelers fourth preseason game was a brutal 34-9 reduction. I’ve passed kidney stones that I have found much more tolerable than looking at that debacle.
- T.J Watt’s identify was leaked as landing in the leading 10 of NFL.com’s Prime 100 Players for 2021 at No. 9. That reminds me of 2001 when I rated No. 9 on ex-Mrs. BAD’s list of beloved gentlemen. What would make it worse, we have been continue to married at the time.
- The Steelers turk got commenced early in advance of Tuesday’s 53-person roster deadline with nine names focused. The reduce listing integrated limited end Marcus Baugh, functioning back again Tony Brooks-James, cornerback Shakur Brown, defensive deal with T.J. Carter, large receiver Anthony Johnson, cornerback Lafayette Pitts, offensive guard Malcolm Pridgeon, vast receiver Mathew Sexton and basic safety Lamont Wade.
- A undesirable day for J.K. Dobbins and the Baltimore Ravens, as the second-12 months operating back again was carted off of the subject in their preseason finale against Washington. If the Steelers are to defeat the Ravens, I’d rather do it at comprehensive toughness. Very best wishes to Dobbins for the prognosis not to be year-ending.
- Speaking of the Ravens, I uncover it absurd that they are celebrating the report of 20 straight preseason victories. Which is like bragging about remaining the to start with to finish meal. Now if the Ravens could go 20-straight online games without the need of anybody wanting to wipe the smug seem off of John Harbaugh’s confront… now that would be an accomplishment.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m confident future 7 days will be comprehensive of Steelers happenings as very well, so we’ll have to do this once again. Have a wonderful 7 days, but far better nevertheless have a Lousy one.